MPG - The Multiple Page Generator Documentation
The MPG - Multiple Page Generator is a mass page generator that enables the user to create unlimited and unique landing pages in bulk, under the same domain. This plugin helps to develop and manage thousands of keyword-specific pages, increasing the chances of getting top-ranked by search engines.
- 🗒 instant page generator
- 🌐 SEO friendly
| Download and Install
|| Page Generation
| MPG Settings
|| Use Cases
| Project Options
| 🎥 Video - Getting Started with MPG
📩 Download and Install MPG
- Navigate to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins .
- Click on the Add New button and type into the Search Bar "MPG".
- When the plugin appears, click on the Install button and then Activate the plugin.
📝 Note: Check this doc for further details about installing the plugin.
🗂 Page Generation
The MPG plugin offers two types of page generation: using a template and from the scratch.
Using a template
The Dataset Library delivers ready-to-go templates for various domains, such as cities ( World cities and US cities ), services ( Plumbing and Locksmith services ), and other specific templates that require a massive generation of pages. Creating a project using a template can be done by following these steps:
- Navigate to MPG > Create New.
- From MPG Setup click on one of the presented templates or use the search field to save some time.
- After selecting a template you will see two notifications on the right side of the screen, for a successful process.
- Customize the project's name and project's details, such as entity type, URL, and many others.
📝 Note: For further details about how to start page generation using a template, check this dedicated doc.
Starting from scratch
Starting from scratch is a very useful option for the users whose dataset is in CSV, Excel, or Google Sheets formats. Creating a project on your own can be done by following these steps:
- Navigate to MPG > Create New.
- From MPG Setup click on the From Scratch option.
- Once you have accessed this option, you will be redirected to the page where you have to fill in all the details of the project.
- After completing the details, save the changes and you will be able to insert a source file ( either link or by uploading ).
- Make sure you follow one of the two available methods of using a file ( direct link or upload a file ), then click on the Fetch and use button.
- Once you have fetched the data, you will be able to access the data preview automatically and go to the URL Generation. The URL Format Template needs to contain at least one shortcode. A shortcode is one of the heads of the columns within the entry file ( e.g. mpg_city, mpg_lat ). You have to use the exact name as in the entry file within the URL field, which can be selected from the dropdown from the URL Generation field.
📝 Note: You will not be able to make any changes to the URLs if you have not clicked on the Fetch and use button.
- Make the desired changes ( you can check the Project main options sections for more details about the options ) and click on the Save changes button, at the end of the section.
📝 Note: For further details about how to start page generation from scratch, check this dedicated doc.
🗒Project main options
When creating a project, even if it's from scratch or by using a template, MPG offers you a wide palette of options, so that you can customize the pages / posts however you desire.
- Project name - insert a suitable name for your project, it will only be visible in the dashboard.
- Entity type - from here you can choose pages or posts, that will be generated by MPG.
- Template - depending on the entity type, here will be displayed in the dropdown all those pages / posts, from which you can select one that will become a template for the ones generated now.
- 📝Note: Check this doc about how to design your own template.
- Apply template if URL contain - this works like a filter, deciding what pages from your list will contain the new template, depending on what the URL contains.
- Exclude template from crawlers and site loops - make the template invisible for the site crawlers and within the website.
- 📝Note: Check this dedicated doc for more details.
- Participate in the search - this option should be enabled in order to find the generated pages within your website, during the search of your website.
- 📝Note: This option works together with the Search Settings, making your generated pages to be searchable within the website.
When finishing the particularization, make sure you Save the Changes to unlock the new panel with options, Source.
The source can be a direct link or an uploaded file and the options depend on the choice you make.
- Direct link to source file - insert the link of the file ( Google Sheets or CSV ) that will generate data for the MPG pages. It needs to have public access.
- Worksheet ID - copy and paste the worksheet ID from Google Sheets or leave it as it is.
- 💰Set periodicity - set how often you want the project to check and sync with the content of the source file.
- 💰First Fetch Date / Time - pick the first date and time for the fetching process.
- 💰Notification - you can choose to receive notifications related to the fetching process ( Do not notify, Errors only, or Every Time ).
- 💰Notification Email - insert the email address where the notifications will be sent, by default it will be the admin email.
Click on the Fetch and use button, to sync the data, and click on Preview if you want to check how it looks.
📝 Note: You can create your own data source file, and here is a doc to help you with this.
For this method, you only have to browse a specific file ( .csv, .xlsx, .ods ).
The URL Generation is a very important part of the plugin because it ensures the accessibility of the pages.
- URL Generation - you can select from the dropdown list the shortcode that would create a great URL. It will be added to the URL format template.
- 📝Note: Make sure that the combination creates unique links that do not match any of the physical URLs that your website already has.
- URL Format Template - you can use here any combination of shortcodes, plain text, with separators.
📝 Note: To generate a URL, click on a shortcode available into the URL Generation list, insert ( from the keyboard ) a separator, if you wish, and add any other shortcode you need to create a unique URL.
- Traling slash settings - you can choose if you want to display the traling slash (the last / ) or not.
- URL preview - check what the URLs look like and make some changes if there's needed.
📝 Note: Make sure you Save the changes in order to access the See all URLs option.
⚙️ MPG Settings
The MPG plugin allows for two types of settings:
| Advanced Settings
|| Search Settings
- Update tables structure - allows you to refresh the MPG tables, similar to the disabling / enabling process of the plugin.
- Page Builders Compatibility - it's recommended if the generated pages are not displayed correctly ( there is no header, footer, non - replaced shortcodes ).
- WordPress base path - recommended if there are problems with the sitemaps, due to the constant change of the ABSPATH used for security reasons.
- Cache hooks - installing different plugins, builders, or different versions of WordPress may cause to the MPG settings and from this section, you can change the options to solve the issues.
📝 Note: To make sure that the search settings will apply, check the searchability of your website, by navigating to the settings of the project, under the template tab, checking the Participate in the search option.
- Single search result template - this option requires the search page of the website, which is available if you add ?s=string at the end of the URL. From there you should copy the HTML code and replace the static text with shortcodes presented under the textbox ( Supported shortcodes ).
- Text before MPG search results ( optional ) - you can add a certain piece of text to appear before MPG search results.
- Search results block selector - you should set the selector that will be used as a container for the results generated by MPG.
- Is it case sensitive search? - check this if you want your search to be case-sensitive.
- Featured image header name - set a header name for the places where there is located image URL, to be set to each search result.
- Excerpt length - set a maximum of words to be displayed in the posts of the search results.
- Max results count on a page - set how many pages should be displayed on a search result page.
📝 Note: More details about how to search through generated pages can be found here.
🧰 Use Cases
The MPG plugin is useful not only for websites that require a lot of pages, but it represents the key for web developers that want to have pages in bulk under the same domain, strengthening the SEO of the website. By having custom bulk pages, your chances of getting top-ranked by search engines boost.
The most popular use cases of the MPG plugin are:
- Location pages
- Directory websites - lists of firms, websites, individuals.
- Listing pages - listing other services or provider.
- Affiliate pages - generating pages for the Amazon affiliate program for each individual product or group of products.
- Partner / Vendor pages
- Parts pages - uploading catalogs of parts and generating a page for each model number with its specs.
📝 Note: For further details about SEO plugins compatible with the MPG plugin, check this doc.
🎥 Video - Getting Started with MPG
📝 Note: For more tutorials about the MPG plugin, check our YouTube channel.