How can I create a chart?
A chart can be created from two places: the post editor and the charts library. The process of chart creation from both places is identical. This article will describe the chart creation process via the post editor. Please complete the following steps to create your chart:
From the post editor click on the "Add Media" button.
"Visualizations" from the left menu.
After you click on "Visualizations" and the media library appears, click on
"Create New" link.
Select the chart type that best suits your data visualization needs and click on the
"Next" button located near the bottom right corner of the popup.
To setup your chart data you need to upload it as a CSV file. Expand the
"Upload CSV file" sidebar menu and click on the
"From computer" button. Then select your CSV data file from your computer. After you have selected the file, it will be automatically uploaded and a chart preview with the data will be available.
The CSV file must use commas as column delimiters and be enclosed with double quotes. The first line of the file should contain the series titles. The second line of the file must contain the type of series’ data. You may use one of six data types: string, number, boolean, date, time date, and time of day. The other lines need to contain data values according to the data type chosen.
After you setup the data, click on the "Next" button located at the bottom right corner of the popup.
- Setup chart options. Depending on the chart type you selected, you will have a different set of chart options available. You can amend these options and view the changes in the chart preview section. When you setup chart options, click on the "Insert Chart" button located at the bottom right corner of the popup. This will save your settings and the shortcode, [visualizer id="xxx"], will be inserted into your post.
- Save your post and go to the front end view. Your new chart will be presented within the post.
From the block editor click on the "Add Block" button.
" to expand the menu.
After the menu expands click on
" to insert the block.
create a new chart(coming soon) or insert an existing one.
- If you choose to add an existing chart a menu with all your created charts will display. Select the one you want to insert by clicking the "Insert chart" button.
- You can make final adjustments to your chart before inserting it. You'll find the setup chart options to the right.
- Once you are ready click "Done" and the chart will be inserted.