Why am I not receiving updates?
Whether you are using a free or a paid theme or plugin, when there are new version updates available, you will receive a message on your WordPress Dashboard suggesting an update, but there are certain cases when that doesn't happen. Here are some of the reasons for that:
1. Your license key is invalid or expired. On this topic, you can check this document: Why is my license key invalid?
2. License key wasn't activated. In case you are using a paid theme or plugin, you may need to activate the license in order to receive updates. Here is a document on How to activate your license key.
3. You've made changes to the style.css file. If you made changes to the this part of the style.css file, the theme will no longer be recognized, therefore, updates won't happen automatically anymore.
/* Theme Name: PlumBelt Theme URI: http://www.themeisle.com Author: the ThemeIsle team Author URI: http://www.themeisle.com Description: The WordPress theme for ThemeIsle Version: 1.1.8 License: GNU General Public License v2 or later License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html Tags: white, yellow, light, two-columns, right-sidebar, custom-menu, featured-images, sticky-post, translation-ready Text Domain: ti<br>
4. When there are server connection problems. There are certain cases when the users tried to add the license key and it validates, but the license key will not show.
5. The activate button doesn't show. Using an older version of the theme/plugin might cause this issue, meaning that when you will try to add the license key and click on the Activate button, that won't be displayed.