How to Import the Demo Content
In this documentation you will find out how to import an XML file into WordPress.
- Log into your site Dashboard.
- Have the theme for which you want to import the .xml file activated.
- Go to Tools → Import.
- Choose “WordPress” from the list
- Upload the demo content .xml using the form provided on that page.
- You will be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
- You will then have the choice to import attachments, so click on the “Download and import file attachments” box.
- Posts, Pages, Projects, and Menus are imported. You will need assign the menu a theme location & you’ll need to configure widgets. This is a limitation of WordPress’ import system.