Jaxon - FSE Theme
Jaxon is a minimalistic full-site editing theme, incorporating a selection of design patterns and multiple style options suitable for various purposes such as e-commerce shops, blogs, small businesses, portfolio sites, and more. It works smoothly with Gutenberg and the most popular page builders ( Elementor, Brizy, Beaver Builder, or the Block Editor ).
| Download and Install
|| Site Editor
|| Template Parts
|| Changing Styles
📩 Download and Install
Navigate to the WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes.
- When it appears, click on the Install button and then on Activate.
📝 Note: To boost your website building experience, we recommend installing the Otter Blocks.
⚙️ Site Editor
After installing the theme, a new panel appeared under Appearance called Editor ( beta ). Clicking on it will open the FSE editor, which looks similar to the Gutenberg editor:
- 1 = site icon ( or WordPress icon ) - it opens the left sidebar you can see in the screenshot above, allowing you to return to the dashboard to switch to the editing areas ( Editor ).
- 2 = editor - allows you to switch between the website's parts ( site = current page, templates, or template parts ).
- 3 = familiar Gutenberg buttons ( ➕ = for adding a new block, the pencil = for editing a block, back and forward arrows to undo or redo changes, and the list view for checking the hierarchy of blocks ).
- 4 = current template that you are editing. You can open other templates from there by clicking on the dropdown menu.
- 5 = information about template and block settings.
You can start editing and adding new blocks to your pages using these tools.
Templates can help create a structure for your website's posts, pages, or other page types. To open the templates, go to Dashboard > Editor > Templates:
Apart from the primary templates from the list, you can add new ones using the right top button:
- page - structure that can be applied to specific pages on the website.
- authors - structure that can be applied to posts created by a specific author on the website.
- category - structure that can be applied to posts from a specific category.
- date - structure that can be applied to posts, depending on the date.
- tag - structure that can be applied to posts depending on the tag.
- taxonomy - structure that can be applied to posts depending on the taxonomy term.
- single item: Post - create post-specific templates.
📍 Template Parts
The template parts refer to the header and footer and can be found under Dashboard > Appearance > Editor > Template Part, but you can also add others:
Inside the Header area, you can control the navigation, insert new menu items, and add a site logo and favicon:
Similarly, if you open the Footer template part, you can customize it as you wish:
Jaxon adds a palette of patterns to help you create innovative layouts using predesigned sections. To open them, click on the ➕ button, and switch to the Patterns tab:
Insert the desired patterns and edit them to suit your needs.
📝 Note: Because it is a template, it might be helpful to use dynamic content that automatically loads information for each page.
🌈 Changing Styles
Click on the half-half circle to open the style variations, which will automatically update your website's design:
Here you will find controls for Typography, Colors, Layout, and Blocks, as well as predefined theme styles that you can take advantage of.
The changes that you make here will be applied site-wide.