How to create a Sticky Sidebar
A sticky sidebar is very useful for your website's accessibility, due to the fact that the usual floating sidebar menu will be visible at all times, including while scrolling the page.
- The Neve theme - more details about it can be found here.
- The WP Sticky Sidebar plugin - more details about how to install it can be found here.
⚙️Using the plugin
After installing the plugin, there are a few steps that need to be done in order to make your sidebar sticky.
- Navigate to Appearance > Customize.
- Go to the sidebar and right click on it. Then click on Inspect.
- Copy the class of the sidebar ( e.g blog-sidebar ) from the code.
- Go to Settings > WP Sticky Sidebar and paste the class of the sidebar there.
📝 Note: Don't forget to add a dot in front of the class name.
- Save the changes and navigate to your website to see how it works.