Performance Module Documentation
The performance module provides some optimization options to enhance the performance of your site. In this article the following subjects will be presented:
| Activating the module
|| Using the module
🖲️ Activating the Module
- Install the Neve PRO using these instructions.
- Navigate to Appearance > Neve Options > Neve Pro.
- Take a look at the modules and enable the Performance module.
🧰 Using the module
This module adds a few options to improve the speed of the site based on the existing plugins and options.
- Enable Emoji removal - This option removes the core emoji script from WordPress.
- Enable Embedded removal - This option removes the embedded scripts.
- Enable Local Fonts - It hosts the Google fonts locally. It means the fonts used on the site will be loaded from the server instead of requesting them to Google Fonts. This approach applies to all Google fonts on your website, it's not only for Neve fonts but for the ones loaded by other plugins as well. For achieving the same result with a third-party font, from a custom library, you can adapt and add this code snippet at the end of the functions.php file of your child theme, or in a custom plugin.
- Enable automatically lazy rendering of off-screen elements - This option improves the initial load time by skipping the rendering of content that appears below the fold. We automatically add the content-visibility property to offscreen content that enables the user agent to skip an element's rendering work (including layout and painting) until it is needed which makes the initial page load much faster.
- 📝Note: If you want to learn more about the content-visibility property, please check this guide.