Encountering 404 – Page Not Found
The Multiple Pages Generator is a WordPress plugin for the bulk creation of pages, even unlimited pages.
However, if your URL is showing as a 404 Error – Page Not Found, here’s a checklist to fix it:
1. Sometimes it happens after upgrading to the new version, so deactivate the plugin (without cancelling the license, if any) and activate it again
2. Make sure that the MPG plugin is properly installed; the CSV source file is loaded, and the template is properly set.
3. Check if the requested URL doesn’t belong to an existing page, especially in the trash folder.
4. Check if the requested URL is identical to the one included in the data file uploaded to the MPG plugin.
5. Make sure to disable any custom 404-page plugins. Sometimes they check the page URL in the database before MPG does and return as 404.
6. Also, check for these most common problems that cause 404 Error:
a.Unsupported characters in a column used as a shortcode for URL generation.
b.Use of “Plain” permalink structure under Settings > Permalinks.
c. Conflict with another plugin
MPG supports multi-sites and multi-language setups, though specific plugins might not be supported.