Install & Configure Your New Theme
After you have purchased a theme, go to Purchase History to download the theme. After downloading the theme, navigate to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload, in your WordPress dashboard. Now, click the Choose File button, select the archive of your theme from your local computer and press the Install Now button. In few seconds, WordPress will upload and extract the theme archive for you. All you need to do next is to press the Activate link under the message for successful theme installation.
You need to install the following plugins to enable some functionality of the theme:
- WooCommerce: You need to install WooCommerce plugin in order to use Shop section.
- Pirate Forms: You need to install Pirate Forms in order to put a contact form in Contact Section.
Setting Up Homepage & Blog
To setup Homepage & Blog page with Hestia, you need to create pages from your WordPress Dashboard. First will be a page named "Home" or whatever you prefer for your homepage. And second will be a page for Blog, which doesn't need anything but a page title.
After you've created the specified pages, you need to navigate to Appearance > Customize > Static Front Page >
In General Settings section, you have the option:
- Boxed Layout?: It's enabled by default. If it's enabled the theme will use a boxed layout, else will use a
- Page Sidebar Layout - This option controls the sidebar position on internal pages ( Default template pages and WooCommerce Shop Page ). It can be either full width, left sidebar or right sidebar.
- Blog Sidebar Layout - This option controls the sidebar position on blog related pages ( Blog, Archive, and Single Posts Pages ). It can be either full width, left sidebar or right sidebar.
- Enable Sharing Icons - Choose to enable or disable the sharing options on Single Post Pages. The options are Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- Enable Scroll to Top - Choose to enable or disable the option to add a Scroll to Top button at the bottom of each page, that allows the user to easily navigate back to the top of the page.
Here is where you have the option to change
Also, here you have the option to add a search icon to the Primary Menu.
Here you can select the header for your posts and archive pages. The posts will use this if no featured image is present.
Here you can select the background for your website. It will only appear on the homepage if the Boxed Layout is enabled. Once you select the background image, additional settings for the background will start appearing, like position and
Front page sections are what makes Hestia stand out from other Material design themes. You can customize pretty much everything in front-page, and here's how:
In the features section, you can showcase an infinite number of features or services in the form of a repeatable box, containing an icon with the color of your choice, a
The About section pulls content right out of the page content. This means that anything you add inside the content box on the admin side of the site will appear here. It also brings in the featured image as the background for the section.
The Shop section on
With Hestia you can showcase your team members on the homepage of the site, using the Team section. There you can add details for each team member, starting with an image,
When your site looks so great, your clients will surely have a lot of things to say. You can put them in your Testimonials section from Appearance > Customize > Frontpage Sections > Testimonials.
Hestia comes with a Subscribe section on the homepage. For this section to work, you would need to first install the SendinBlue
<div> <div> <span><i></i></span> <input type="email" name="email" required="required"> </div> </div> <div> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Subscribe"> </div>
After that you need to navigate to Appearance > Customize > Widgets > Subscribe Section, and add
The Blog section on the
Contact section works with Pirate Forms plugin, so you can
The header gradient colour is used as page header background if there is no image set. There are 3 ways to set an image instead of the gradient colour. Below are listed from the highest to the lowest priority.
- The page featured image.
- The header image that can be changed from the customizer by navigating to Appearance->Customize->Header Options->Header Image
- The background image that can be also changed from the customizer by navigating to Appearance->Customize->Appearance Settings->Background image.
Note: Header Gradient colour can't be changed in Hestia, it will always stay to the default colour.
Hestia allows you to change the main colors of the theme. You can do it from Appearance > Customize > Colors. There, you can select the background and main accent colors,
Very Top Bar Section
Hestia comes with a Very Top Bar Section, that appears at the top of the site. You can find more details on how to enable this section and some really cool examples with it here .
Setting Up Your Menu
Hestia theme focuses on the one-page parallax design. And to do that, we have divided the front-page of our theme in multiple sections. And linking those sections from
Navigate to Appearance > Menus, in your WordPress Dashboard. And create anchors to the sections, as seen below:
Here's the list of all the sections for Hestia theme:
- Header Section - #carousel-hestia-generic
- About Section - #about
- Features Section - #features
- Team Section - #team
- Shop Section - #products
- Subscribe Section - #subscribe
- Testimonials Section - #testimonials
- Blog Section - #blog
- Contact Section - #contact
Adding Icons To Hestia Menu
We love Font Awesome. We love it so much that we bundled it with our theme and you can use it with your menu items.
Adding Button Styles To The Menu
Just link icons, there are classes you can add to each menu item to style it. You must add the
If you add the
Why upgrade to Hestia Pro?
Have you not yet decided between Hestia and its premium version Hestia Pro?
Don't worry :) Here is a comparison table for their features:
Is also worth noting few things :
- You can easily cancel the yearly subscription immediately after purchase if is not something you wanna have, if you stop paying after 1 year you won't have support&updates, the theme will continue to work, you paid for the theme and is yours :)
- Upgrading Hestia is very smooth, just upload & activate Hestia Pro and you will automatically get access to the extra features, the website won't break nor you need to re-configure it.
- The current price for upgrading is $89 and you get access to all our products (themes and plugins)
- We know that you might have only just 1 site, but we can assure you the deal is worth even for that. You get the peace of mind that if a new version of WordPress is released or something broke, we have your back, support time currently for paid users is in average 4 hours.
Here is a comparison table between their features:
| WooCommerce compatible
The theme is fully compatible with the WooCommerce plugin. You can set up your on-line store in a matter of minutes.
| Advanced Typography Options
Extra Options for customizing : Line height, Letter spacing and Paragraph margin. Plus, the ability to change all the typography options differentiated on desktop, tablet and mobile environments.
Hestia comes with a Big title section which allows only one image for the header. The slider in Hestia Pro allows an unlimited number of slides.
| Colors Options
You can change the secondary color in the theme as well as colors for the header overlay, header text and navbar.
| Section Reordering
You will get the ability to reorganize your Frontpage Sections more easily and quickly.
| Portfolio Section
Portfolio section with two possible layouts.
| Pricing Plans Section
Pricing section with two possible pricing packages.
| Extra Options For The Blog Page
Authors Section & Subscribe Section on the Blog Page.
| Alternative Layout For The Blog Page
The new layout displays the posts in an alternative position, one with the image on the left side and the next one with the image on the right side and so on.
| Sidebar width option
Option to control the width of the sidebar in all the pages. The content width will also adapt correspondingly.
| Re-use frontpage sections in other pages/widgets
With this option, you can easily re-create the frontpage, or part of it, on any other page of your site.
| Remove Footer Copyright & Credits
Hestia Pro allows you to easily add a copyright message in the footer area.
| Option to Change the Footer Layout
With this option you can rearrange the whole layout of the footer area. You can add the menu in the right side, left side or centered, with the copyright message.
| Forms Plugins compatibility
Hestia Pro is fully compatible with Contact Form 7, WP forms, Ninja Forms, Formidable Forms, Visual Form Builder, Fast Secure Contact Form, Jetpack Contact form, MailChimp for WP, MailChimp List Subscribe and Easy forms for MailChimp.
| Translation ready
Hestia Pro is fully compatible with WPML and Polylang. It can easily be used for multilingual sites.
- My question isn’t answered here. - Get in touch with a team member at ThemeIsle and we’ll be happy help you with your questions.
Hestia is based on Material Kit created by Creative Tim.