Getting started with the Ideal Image Slider WordPress Plugin
Before we go ahead and install the plugin you need to make sure your WordPress install will be able to handle the plugin. You need to have at least the following running on your server:
- WordPress 3.5
- PHP 5.2.4
If you don’t have these or you don’t know what these are, it’s worth getting in touch with your hosting provider just to check.
- Log in to your WordPress admin backend.
- Go to the Plugins > Add New page.
- Click on the Upload tab.
- On this page click the Choose File button choose the Ideal Image Slider WordPress Plugin zip file that you previously downloaded.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- You should now see a Ideal Image Slider section in your main menu where you can create and manage your sliders.
Using the plugin is fairly straightforward. You can create sliders via the Ideal Image Slider menu item. When you are creating slider you can upload and edit slides as you wish via the Media Manager. You can also edit the slider settings.
Once your slider has been created you need to copy the slider shortcode that has been generated for you into a post/page and update/publish it.