Install & Configure Your New Theme
Go to Purchase History to download TheMotion. After downloading the theme, click on Appearance -> Themes -> Add New -> Upload in your WordPress dashboard. Now, click the Choose File button, select the theme's archive from your local computer and press the Install Now button. In few seconds, WordPress will upload and extract the theme from the archive. All you need to do next is to press the Activate link under the message to finish the installation.
Keep in mind that Jetpack plugin is required to use some of this theme’s features, including Related Posts and Social Links. You can find Jetpack here.
Choose Your Home Page
TheMotion comes with two different layouts. You can choose between two templates for your Home Page. In order to choose the style that suits you, please create a page (go to Pages -> Add New) and select "Home Page Option A" or "Home Page Option B" from the right sidebar.
After this step, navigate to Settings > Reading settings > Front page display > A static page > Choose the page you created.
Home Page A (1)
In this .gif you can see the first example of the Home Page and how you can modify it. For the Top Section Post, you can choose a specific category or add all of them.
TheMotion has a ribbon bellow the "Top Section", which you can choose to either display or hide. Also, you can change the Banner Headline, the Button Text, and the Button Link.
This one is the second Home Page example, which is more complex than the first. On Home Page Option B, you have four sections that can be customized.
TheMotion allows you to change the colors. You can do it from Appearance > Customize > Colors. There, you can select one of the multiple color schemes or add your own custom colors (you have unlimited options here).
TheMotion provides a menu that you can use to display your social links in the site's header. It's easy to set up: you just have to put the link of your social account and the icon appears automatically. To add the menu, go to Appearance > Customize > Menus and choose your preferences. Right now, the theme allows you to add Twitter, Facebook, Google +, Dribbble, Pinterest, YouTube, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Linkedin, Foursquare, and Tumblr icons.
Home Page B (2)
This is the section where you can change the header's text and button, and also the place from where you can add the header image.
TheMotion theme recommends a header size of 1000px x 800px.
In order to add a video on the Home Page, you must create a post, add a link from YouTube/Vimeo or simply a video from your Media Gallery, and select the "Video" format from the right sidebar. You can add up to three videos.
Call To Action
This is the place right under the Header section, from where you can change the text and add a button with a link.
For the Bottom Posts, you can choose a specific category or add all of them and write the title that represents the section.
In order to change "About Page," click on About page in the Customizer Menu. Here you can change the following:
- Header Settings -> Allows you to add an image, a text, and a button to the About page’s header.
- Content Area Settings -> Use these text boxes to add additional text to your About page. Share your story with your customers.
- Stats Settings -> Fill the text boxes with your personal statistics and numbers. This section can be hidden by clicking on "Hide all statistics" checkbox.
- Testimony Settings -> It’s the perfect place to add more details about you/your team or to use testimonials. In Testimony section you can add an image, a paragraph (you can add <html> tags as well), and a byline (another text box). This section can be hidden by clicking on "Hide testimony" checkbox.
- Latest Posts -> Add a title for "Latest Posts" section and choose the category that you want to be showed there. If you want, you can add all the categories. This section can be hidden by clicking on "Hide latest posts" checkbox.
In order to change "Contact Page," click on Contact page in the Customizer Menu. Here you can change the following:
- Header Settings -> Allows you to add an image, a text, and a button to the Contact page’s header.
- Content Left Settings -> The Contact page will be split into two sections. In the left side, you have two text boxes.
- Content Right Settings -> In the right side, you are allowed to add your address, email, and phone.
TheMotion comes with a left sidebar. If you want to use it, please navigate to Pages section in your WordPress dashboard, click on the page that you want to add to the Left Sidebar, and then select Template -> Left Sidebar from the right sidebar’s Page Attributes.
TheMotion comes with a Full-Width template. If you want to use it, please navigate to Pages section in your WordPress dashboard, click on the page that you want to display in Full Width, and then select Template -> Full Width from the right sidebar’s Page Attributes.
- Background Image -> Add a background image to your website.
- Menus -> The place from where you can choose what menu to be showed on your website.
- Widgets -> Add as many widgets as you wish. They will be displayed in the footer.
- Static Front Page -> Make sure you are using "A static page" option with Front Page as Home Page A/B and Post page as Blog.