Find out how to customize the theme in a few steps
Appearance —> Customize:
Adding Google fonts: Click here
Change General Options sections:
Toggle a search form in the header? – Select whether you would like to show a search box in the header of the website.
Menu toggle text – Enter optional text for the slide in menu.
- Upload your logo – Upload a logo of your choice for the theme.
- Logo size – Set the max desired width for the uploaded logo.
- Logo style:
-> Only logo – Only show the uploaded logo.
-> Logo plus site title & description – Select this option to show the logo, site title and the site description.
- Padding – This option adjusts the top and bottom padding for the logo, site title & description on devices wider than 1024px.
- Padding on screen sizes < 1024px – This option adjusts the top and bottom padding for the logo, site title & description on devices wider than 1024px.
- Excerpt length – Enter the maximum number of words you would like for the post excerpt.
In this section you also have the option to hide the post meta data such as date, author, category from view. You could also hide the “continue reading” button and featured images.
- Body fonts - Use this section to add Google fonts to the theme for body text.
-> Font name/style/sets – Add the Google font along with it’s variant to this section example: Raleway:400.
-> Font family – Add the font family for the font. Google fonts should be enclosed in single quotes example: ‘Raleway’.
- Heading fonts – Use this section to add Google fonts to the theme for heading text.
-> Font name/style/sets – Add the Google font along with it’s variant to this section example: Titillium+Web:400italic.
-> Font family – Add the font family for the font. Google fonts should be enclosed in single quotes example: ‘Titillium Web’.
- Font Sizes – Use these options to set the size for the site title and description as well as override the sizes of the default heading tags and body font size.
- Site Identity – Use this section to edit your site title and description as well as add an optional favicon to your website.
- Socials – This section describes how to create social icons for the social menu.
- Colors – Use this section to edit the different colors on your website. This section gives you full control over the color scheme of your website.
- Current Header - This is the current header image for your website.
- Suggested Header - This is the default header which ships with the theme.
If adding your own images to the header area, then you could choose to randomize them. This will cause a random image from the previously uploaded list to appear as the header image of any page being viewed by the visitor.
- Menus – Oblique supports two menus, a top menu where you may add social icons and a main menu which slides in from the right.
Widgets – Oblique supports one sidebar which slides along with the main menu. From this section you could add sidebar widgets by clicking “Add a Widget”.
Static front page
Front Page – Oblique supports both a latest posts front page as well as a static page which you could create in Dashboard -> Pages.