Adblock Notify Documentation
- Upload and activate the plugin
- Click on the “Adblock Notify” menu
- Follow instructions, every option is documented
How the plugin works
You can notify users with an activated Adblocker software by THREE ways !
- A pretty cool and lightweight Modal Box with a custom content : the COMPLIANT solution
- A simple redirection to the page of your choice : the AGRESSIVE solution
- A custom alternative message where your hidden ads would normally appear : the TRANSPARENT solution
Only one of the two first options can be activated at the same time. The third one is standalone and can be setting up independently.
You can easily switch between them without losing your options.
You can deactivate them, however if your visitor has an activated adblocker software they will see a modal box or get a redirection on every visited page.
Adblock Notify Stats widget is available on your admin dashboard (if not visible, go to the top menu and visit “Screen Options”).
You can insert a custom message where your hidden ads would normally appear by clonning orignal ads div containers.
Note: Some minimal HTML knowledge is required to set up this functionality.
What does “Clone ad container” mean?
It means you can ask Adblock Notify Plugin to copy the CSS properties of the element that contains your ad to a new element which will not be hidden by an adblocker software. With this process, your design should not break.
The new element will be the same type (DIV,SPAN,etc.) as its source, and will have the .an-alternative class.
Available options are:
- Custom Mode: Will try to catch all the CSS rules defined in your theme files, and let you choose which ones to keep (see Custom Mode CSS properties).
- Soft Mode (Recommended): Will try to catch all the CSS rules defined in your theme files, and add them to the new created element. If the browser does not support this feature, it will try Hard Mode fetching.
- Hard Mode: Will try to fetch all the elements CSS rules based on browser CSS compilation (not reading directly in your CSS files). This option may add a lot of inline CSS rules to your newly created element.
Tested and works great on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, IE8+
What’s appended if I don’t turn on this option?
The plugin will append a new “clean” DIV element with .an-alternative class just before the advert container. You can add your own custom rules with the Custom CSS field.
Stats Widget (WordPress Dashboard Widget)
This widget display total pages views and total pages views with an adblocker software activated. It also display how many visitors deactivate their ad blocker after reading your custom messages.
It display the data within cool donuts charts for a quick understanding.
The line chart gives you the past week history.
- English [en_US]
- French [fr_FR]
- Serbian [sr_RS] – Thanks to Ogi Djuraskovic – firstsiteguide.com
- Russian [ru_Ru] – Thanks to Ivanka – www.coupofy.com